Citizens Connected is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team to fill the position of an Engineering Technician.
Under supervision, plan and prepare maps for construction of new and removal of existing underground cable. Assist with existing and future service demand, available and existing lines, and economic factors to determine new construction or replacements as required. Select construction routes and determine equipment requirements. Prepare detailed construction and installation drawings and estimates equipment, labor, and material quantities.
Essential Job Functions
- Plan and prepare drawings and staking sheets for new construction and replacement of existing underground cable.
- Ensure compliance with industry specifications by staking all lines to be built.
- Organize and file necessary paperwork and staking sheets.
- Select routing of path creation and determine equipment requirements as appropriate.
- Prepare detailed construction and installation drawings. Estimate equipment, labor, and material quantities.
- Prepare necessary jurisdictional permits (DOT, county, town, railroad crossing).
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and up-to-date facility record changes in Innovative MapKit Software.
- Require the ability to work outside at time and meet with customer on location.
- Able to work with other departments in the course of workorder construction and completion.
- Promote a positive and professional image of the company to customers, co-workers, contractors, management, and others.
- Maintain a current and valid drivers's license to perform the duties of this position.
- Highschool Diploma
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of Mapping software is a plus
Citizens Connected offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package as well as a challenging work environment. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org